Adobe releases CreatePDF app for iPhone & iPad
Earlier today, Adobe released CreatePDF – an app for the iPhone and iPad that features many of the PDF creation capabilities found in their popular desktop application Acrobat. The app, which is priced at £6.99 ($9.99), appears to be an extension of their online service, also called CreatePDF, which costs £7.20 ($9.99) per month to use.
Adobe CreatePDF Description:
- Creates PDF files that look exactly like the original using the same technology as Adobe Acrobat.
- Consistent, high-fidelity PDF conversion independent of device or software. Uses Adobe’s online services to ensure there is no compromise on quality or performance. The service does not keep a copy of your original or the PDF document.
- Creates PDF files that meet accessibility standards.
- Preserves links, end notes, foot notes and creates bookmarks automatically in PDF files converted from Office documents.
- Preserves Transitions and converts Multi-media Content for Power Point files.
- Intuitive Interface for PDF Conversion.
- Convert email attachments or files stored in the cloud or any application by opening them within the Adobe CreatePDF application.
CreatePDF can convert the following file types into PDFs: MS Word (docx & doc), Excel (xlsx & xls), PowerPoint (pptx & ppt), Adobe Illustrator (ai), Photoshop (psd), InDesign (indd), JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, TIFF, RTF, Text, WordPerfect, plus OpenOffice and StarOffice documents.
To use CreatePDF you need to have one of the following devices running iOS 4.3 or later: iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (3rd & 4th generation) and iPad.
[Via 9to5 Mac]