iOS 5.1 now available to download
Just as Tim Cook promised at the beginning of today’s iPad media event, iOS 5.1 is now available to download for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. The latest version of Apple’s mobile OS includes Japanese support for Siri, the ability to delete images from Photo Stream, and bug fixes for users experiencing poor battery life.
iOS 5.1 Release notes:
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
- Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
- Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
- Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
- Redesigned Camera app for iPad
- Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
- Audio for TV programs and films on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
- Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30-second rewind for iPad
- Addresses bugs affecting battery life
- Fixes and issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
If you aren’t sure how to upgrade your device check out this Apple support guide.