Facebook releases ‘Facebook Camera’ app for the iPhone
Following Facebook’s purchase of the popular photo-sharing app Instagram for $1bn just a few weeks ago, the social network giant has announced the launch of a new camera app for iOS. Facebook Camera allows you to take photos, add filters, share multiple images at a time, and view a feed featuring your friends’ snaps.
Share your photos in a snap with Facebook Camera. Post a bunch of photos to Facebook at once, and see what friends are up to with a feed of nothing but their photos.
– Post multiple photos from your camera roll at a time
– Crop and apply filters to give your photos a new look
– Scroll down a single feed of all your friends’ photos
– Tag your friends, add photo captions and say where you are
– See photos from the different apps your friends use
Given that Facebook Camera shares many of the same features as Instagram, it will be interesting to see what the future holds for the app that Facebook paid so much money for. Facebook’s Derick Mains told The Verge that enhancing the experience of Facebook photos on mobile devices was “long overdue”, and that the company was “committed to building Instagram independently”.
The Facebook Camera app is available to download for free from the App Store.