Apple releases OS X Mountain Lion and OS X Lion supplemental updates
Apple has released a couple of supplemental updates for users running OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and OS X Lion 10.7.5 on their Macs. Both updates address a small number of issues that some users may have been experiencing with their systems.
The OS X v10.8.2 Supplemental Update is recommended for all users running OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.2 and includes the following fixes:
- Resolves an issue that may cause certain Japanese characters to appear incorrectly in Mail
- Allows Safari to access secure sites when parental controls are enabled
- Addresses an issue that may prevent systems with more than 64 GB of RAM from starting up
- Resolves an issue that may cause DVD Player to unexpectedly quit
The OS X v10.7.5 Supplemental Update is recommended for all users running OS X Lion v10.7.5 and includes the following fixes:
- Resolves an issue that may cause Time Machine backups to take a very long time to complete
- Addresses an issue that prevents certain applications signed with a Developer ID from launching
In addition to the system updates, Apple has also released new drivers for Canon, Epson, and Lexmark printers and scanners.