Google+ for iOS updated with a number of new features
If like me, you’re a frequent Google+ user, you will be pleased to hear that Google has updated its iOS app with a number of new features and enhancements. The most notable new feature sees the introduction of image editing capabilities, which include the ability to crop, rotate, and apply filters to your photos before you post them.
Other noteworthy additions include a revamped profile design, a new notifications tray, and the ability to re-share posts to communities.
- New photo editing features: add filters, rotate and crop
- New profile design
- New notifications tray
- New set-up flow for new users
- Control the volume of posts that you see in your stream from individual circles/communities
- Filter search results by best or most recent
- Tell your friends about a community (by sharing it or sending an invitation)
- Reshare posts to communities
- Display counts for unread messages in your communities
- Additional community moderation features
The introduction of image editing capabilities in the app follows Google’s acquisition of Nik Software, the developers behind the popular iOS camera app Snapseed, back in September 2012.
Google+ for iOS can be downloaded for free from the App Store.