A look back at the previous 4 WWDC invites
With WWDC 2011 announced a few days ago I thought it would be interesting to have a look back at the invites sent out for the previous 4 conferences, and to compare the teasers on the invitations with what was featured at the events.
2010 – The centre of the app universe.
Featured at WWDC 2010 –
- iPhone 4
- iPhone OS4 and with a new name – iOS4
- iAds – in app adverts
- Video chat for the iPhone – Facetime
2009 – Make this your year.
Featured at WWDC 2009 –
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone OS 3.0
- MacBook Pro updates – including a new 13″ version
- More info about Snow Leopard
- Safari 4
2008 – A landmark event. In more ways than one.
Featured at WWDC 2008 –
- App Store for iPhone & iPod Touch.
- iPhone SDK
- Version 2 of the iPhone OS
- iPhone 3G
- MobileMe – replacement for .Mac
2007 – Save The Date.
Featured at WWDC 2007 –
- Beta of Mac OS X Leopard – including Time Machine
- Safari available for Windows
- Support for the development of web apps
- There would be no iPhone SDK!
- iPhone release date confirmed